Dr. Ted no longer uses metal fillings. There are several reasons why metal fillings are no longer considered the best option to repair cavities by many dentists. Let Johnson Dental in Wheat Ridge, CO provide you with tooth-colored fillings.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Tooth-colored fillings are healthier because they do not contain mercury.
- With tooth colored fillings, they are shaded to your natural tooth shade, so are far more attractive. Even when you open your mouth and laugh, do so with confidence.
- Tooth-colored fillings are much more flexible, so they “move” with your tooth’s natural movement. This makes them far more durable and long-lasting.
- Tooth-colored fillings bond better. With mercury fillings, there can be a gap between the filling and the tooth after the filling has been in the tooth for a while. Tooth-colored fillings, because they bond with the tooth, last longer.
- Leaving a tooth unfilled can lead to further damage because the cavity will most likely worsen. The longer you wait to have a tooth filled, the harder it is, and sometimes the tooth has to be replaced. Tooth-colored fillings are a much easier, cost effective, safer, and more attractive option.
Process of Receiving a Filling
Preparing your tooth to have a cavity filled is very simple. The tooth will be cleaned and any decay or bacteria will be removed from the cavity. If there are any uneven edges, the dentist will clear those away. The dentist will then fill the void with the tooth-colored material, which is bonded in place.
If you are interested in replacing your old metal fillings with a more pleasing material, we can help you! Let Johnson Dental restore these unsightly fillings to a more natural look.