Do you have a missing tooth or teeth? Are you suffering embarrassment because your smile has gaps or holes in it? Do you avoid family gatherings and other important events because you are uncomfortable in social settings because your smile isn’t all you want it to be?
There is a dental marvel that could be the answer to relieve this embarrassment and give you the smile of your dreams. They are called dental implants. Implant dentistry has introduced a system that can, almost literally, give you a new tooth or teeth!
Tooth implant or dental implants — what are they?
Implant dentistry has created a system where a metal post is placed in the hole of your gum. The tooth implant is actually the metal post inserted into your jaw and it heals for 3-6 months, actually fusing or ossifying with the jawbone. It is as if you have “grown” a new tooth root! On top of the tooth implant we put a dental crown. This implant dentistry combination looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth. Laugh and smile, eat and chew like usual.
- Dental implants are remarkably durable.
- A tooth implant looks great. Just like a natural tooth.
- Once placed, dental implants feel just like a natural tooth.
- The implant dentistry procedure dental implants can attach to dentures and dental bridges.
- A tooth implant or dental implants do not need any special care or treatment. Just brush and floss like you usually do and visit your dentist regularly.
- Having a tooth implant or dental implants placed can cause far less wear on the teeth on the other side of your mouth that you may have been using to compensate for your missing teeth.
If you are yearning for a full, beautiful, healthy smile, call our Wheat Ridge, CO at 303-422-8748 to schedule an appointment today! We can partner with you to implement implant dentistry methods with a tooth implant or dental implants.