Dr. Ted and Dr. Katie no longer use metal fillings. There are several reasons why metal fillings are no longer considered the best option to repair cavities by many dentists. Let Johnson Dental in Wheat Ridge, CO provide you with tooth colored fillings.
Advantages of Tooth Colored Fillings
- Tooth colored fillings are healthier as they do not contain mercury.
- With tooth colored fillings, they are shaded to your natural tooth shade, so are far more attractive. Even when you open your mouth and laugh, do so with confidence.
- Tooth colored fillings are much more flexible, so they “move” with your tooth’s natural movement. This makes them far more durable and long-lasting.
- Tooth colored fillings bond better. With mercury fillings, there can be a gap between the filling and the tooth after the filling has been in the tooth for awhile. Tooth colored fillings, because they bond with the tooth, last longer.
- Leaving a tooth unfilled can lead to further damage as the cavity will most likely worsen. The longer you wait to have a tooth filled, the harder it is and sometimes the tooth has to be replaced. Tooth colored fillings are a much easier, cost effective, safer and more attractive option.
Process of Receiving a Filling
Preparing your tooth to have a cavity filled is very simple. The tooth will be cleaned and any decay or bacteria will be removed from the cavity. Then if there are any uneven edges, the dentist will clear those away. Let Johnson Dental restore these unsightly fillings to a more natural look.
Schedule an Appointment With Johnson Dental Today
If you need a cavity filled or need your metal fillings replaced, you can contact our Wheat Ridge dental office here or call us at 303-422-8748 to schedule your appointment today!