Do you have jaw pain? Has your jaw locked open or closed? Are your teeth worn or sensitive? Do you have a persistent headache or neck pain? Do you wake up with your jaw aching? If you answered yes to any of these, you may have problems with your TMJ (the Temporomandibular Joint) — the joint that hinges your upper and lower jaw.These TMJ problems are called TMD–the D standing for disorders in your TMJ. TMJ problems or headache or neck pain are common and treatable, but are rarely resolved on their own. TMJ therapy can help.
Symptoms of TMJ
- You are aware of grinding or clenching with your jaw.
- You have neck and jaw pain.
- You wake up with stiff muscles around your face, jaw or neck.
- You have frequent headaches.
- Stress tends to make the pain worse.
- You notice clicking or popping in your jaw.
- It is difficult to open your mouth, eat or yawn.
- You have teeth that no longer touch when you bite.
- Your teeth meet differently from time to time.
- Your teeth are sensitive, broken or worn.
- It is hard to use your front teeth to bite down on food.
You Do Not Have to Live with TMD, Neck Pain or a Headache!
Many people suffer from TMJ issues, TMD causing dizziness, ear aches, headache, shoulder, face, back, jaw and neck pain without knowing the cause of their pain. These are symptoms of TMJ dysfunction. Today, with new knowledge and technology, we are able to diagnose and treat TMJ problems, TMD, that have been previously overlooked. Additionally, the medical profession is becoming more aware of dentistry’s involvement and physicians are referring headache and neck pain patients to practices like ours that are knowledgeable in TMJ treatment and TMD.
You needn’t suffer anymore. Call our Wheat Ridge, CO dental office at 303-422-8748 to schedule an appointment today. We can partner with you to treat your TMJ issues with a variety of TMD treatments.